Brandy Alexander Recipe – with Ice Cream
The original drink wasn’t meant to be heavy on the chocolate, but rather more of an accent flavor to the brandy and cream. But of course we Americans love our sweets, and what’s better than a Brandy Alexander? A Brandy Alexander with ice cream! Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe iteration:
Brandy Alexander Ingredients needed:
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Brandy: Most brandies will work great in this drink, so don’t spend a fortune. However, Cognac, Korbel, or E&J are all nice options.
- Crème de cacao: This is a chocolate liqueur which comes in dark (brown) and light (clear.) We prefer the dark variety for this drink only because of color. They both taste delicious, so either work.
- Vanilla ice cream: We’re replacing the heavy cream with vanilla ice cream. Buy a good quality brand you love.
- Fresh whipped cream: Skip the Reddi Whip and make whipped cream from scratch for this sophisticated milkshake.
- Nutmeg: A little fresh nutmeg finishes the drink off.
This dreamy concoction couldn’t be easier to make, too. Some go heavy on the brandy, but the classic recipe is equal parts of everything. Since we turned this drink into a milkshake, we add extra ice cream.